Are You Caring for an Aging Parent and Your Children? You Are Not Alone.
Almost half the population finds itself in the “sandwich generation” – caring both for parents and children.
This stage of life can be very challenging. In order to manage it effectively, you should keep key strategies in mind.
7 Tips for Navigating Life in the “Sandwich Generation”
- Have open and honest discussions about finances with your parents and siblings.
- Be proactive in creating a savings “emergency fund.”
- Set boundaries for both physical and mental space – and time.
- Recognize stress and stressors, and take steps to alleviate them.
- Learn about professionals and organizations that can provide assistance.
- Share care obligations for your parents with others (siblings, professionals, etc.) so you are able to spend quality time with your loved ones.
- Be as good to yourself as you are to your parents and children.
Affordable Quality Respite Care
We care about you, at Seniors Helping Seniors® St. Louis Central and St. Charles County in-home care services. Our services are affordable and bring you peace of mind. It is not easy to remain financially secure with so many people relying on you for help. Our overall goal is to make your life easier and give hope to your senior.
Respite care, or part-time care that can be implemented on an as-needed basis, allows family members to take a break from their caregiving responsibilities and focus on other matters. You can rest easy knowing your senior mom or dad is receiving exceptional care and attention while you are at work, running errands, or out of town on vacation.
Find the support and care that your loved one in Central St Louis County and St Charles County deserves. We are here for your senior’s personal care when you can’t be there®.